Monday, June 18, 2007

The Look

'The look' is a funny thing. I thought I wouldn’t use the look until I had kids of my own. Then my grandmother turned into a kid. It’s amazing the power that is in ‘the look.’ You know the look I am talking about. It’s a no-nonsense, stop-now-before-I-take-your-life, you’ll-regret-that look. It’s all in the eyes. And my grandmother, though her memory has left her, knows it when she sees it. Of course she does- it’s intense. I almost scare myself sometimes ;O
She got 'the look' on Sunday. In her defense, she was being her normal self. But it was Father’s day. She should’ve known better. I’ve developed this formula to explain:
Grandma’s normal behavior + Father’s Day = the Look
Once my mom and I gave my dad his presents, and he read deep, meaningful 'memory-lane' letter, and we had a little heart-to-heart and Kodak moment, she piped in, "I didn't get you Nothin'! Hahaha" This elicited 'the look' from me. She stopped laughing. It's a shame she only remembers the look for about 2 minutes. Because then she was back to her normal self again... at that point we whisked her off to church, where they serve donuts. She was beside herself, and oh-so-happy. Everytime she sees them, she's surprised they have donuts. The funny thing is, she's been going there for 6 months.

3 comments:

Sketchism said...

LOL.

How cute.

Kiki said...

I LOVE YOUR GRANDMA! I know you know that I just wanted to make it official:)

Kiki said...

BTW, I've SEEN the look and I'm skeered mommy:/